Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Well, in response to John's comment I guess some things have happened in our lives since April 16th. We have finially gotten some summer weather! I am actually thinking that I have to get my mower ready because we need to cut our grass.
We are also on course for a record month at work, not just for May but best month ever. As of today I believe that we were at 8o units this month just for the used dept. Sadly not nearly enough of those are units that I sold but God is good and we will still manage to pay the bills and put bread on the table. I did finially get my demo at work (an '07 Pontiac Torrent; small suv) It sure is nice to drive a brand new vehicle. And speaking of work, I had an interesting thing happen today. Since it is the end of the month all of us are trying to get to our bonus levels. The one guy in the office next to mine has been there for just over a year I think, and he is trying to get to 15(he has never hit 15 units since he's been there). I was sitting at my desk reading some literature on our extended warranty programs. I had my hands folded and my head resting on my hands. He walked by and asked if I was praying or reading. I laughed and said that I was reading but since I needed I more sale to make 10 (our first bonus level) that maybe I should be praying instead. He asked if I was going to do that then maybe i could mention one on his behalf since I had a much better standing with "the man upstairs" than he did. As he left I figured that if I would pray for him and God would answer that there might be some way that this would get him thinking about the reality of a realtionship with God. Toward the end of the day we where sitting around talking and the finance lady came out and told him that a deal he had been working on had been approved. This was a deal that he figured would probably not go through. The first thing he did was ask me if I had prayed. I told him that I had and he said that if that was all it took then could I please do it 6 times a week. It was interesting to see how God worked in the situation. I trust that this will open opportunites in the future.
Ashley is still in Costa Rica and enjoying her time there. She is due to return on the 19th 0f June.
Margaret is still working in the home and garden dept at Superstore. She enjoys her job for the most part some of the other staff are difficult to deal with at times. She has also had opportunities to share about Christ with one of her co-workers.
Matt and Brittany are looking forward to finishing school. They are both thinking about getting jobs for the summer. Matt with a friend of ours who does underground sprinklers and Brittany is thinking of McDonald's.
Steve left for Saskatchewan today; he was very excited to be moving back. He is not sure yet what he is going to be doing but is confident that he will find a job.

8 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Thanks for the update Abe. If its not to late for your month end I will start praying today. You must have impressed this other salesman with something you did or said or he would not have mentioned your better standing upstairs than his. Another chance will come to speak to him I am sure. Good to hear from you. Say Hi to the rest of your family.

5:53 AM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger footsack said...

Wow Abe. Thanks for sharing that. It's always so encouraging to hear things like that. I'll pray many more doors open for you to share Christ.

It may not be from a pulpit but God is still able to us all wherever we are. We just need to be obedient I guess.
That is awesome. Thanks for the update. Love to your family.

7:30 AM, May 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome opportunity to share your faith.
Yes, God is interested in even the 'little' things (as some people would put it) like our income.
It's awesome that Steve is moving back. I will pray that he gets a great job, soon.
Your cousin,
M.K.

12:15 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks for the update, Abe. I hope you made your bonus. I haven't been on my computer since the 30th early morning. I would have prayed for that to happen, but I know that God doesn't need us to pray to bring about His will. He wants us to come to Him with every one of our concerns, but He is God, after all. I am so moved when I hear about your family. I wish that one of us could afford to make a trip to visit this summer. You coming here would be much more profitable for you, though because you could visit half your family if you came here. You should think about that. :)

7:13 AM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Hey there family & friends!
Our week-ends have been busy,amazing I know. Last week-end we went out to Prespatou (blueberry bible camp) for a music festival, we had a lot of fun visiting with old friends. This week-end we are headed to La Crete for a50th wedding anniversary, Abe is singing,and I will be singing one song with him. It should be a good time we have made friends there too.
Have a great week-end !!
Later, Maggs

9:39 AM, June 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uncle abe, auntie margaret, it's nice to hear from you!! i too have been awaiting the next blog entry for quite some time. i like finding out what you guys are up to way over there :D come visit again soon!

10:00 AM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Hey Leah!
Since I'am not to sure how to post on your blog, I will talk to you here.
Uncle Abe & I would like to thank-you for posting those Pictures of G&G Braun they are priceless. Yes we would like to come for another visit as well but this Summer I'am not to sure. We will be out there July 14 for our neices wedding Tasha.
Later!

3:00 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

Great to see the update. I won't mention anything about belated postings, as recently I have been lacking also.

It's good to hear things are going good. Keegan is working part time at the McDonalds out here. He is in Gr 11 this year, but even though he has busy days, and usually ends up burning himself whenever he is on shift, it's still some extra income for him.

Our love and prayers to you all.

9:58 AM, June 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home